The past few months, The New York Times has coordinated a nationwide project to document the lives of Americans out of work. The study involved collaborating with 11 other local newsrooms around the U.S. The Messenger-Inquirer is the only newspaper from Kentucky in the collaboration. The resulting collection of stories was published Oct. 23, 2020, in the New York Times print edition and at nytimes.com/outofwork. The following list is the Messenger-Inquirer's recent local unemployment coverage; read more by clicking the "New York Times Project" header.
- 'We must move forward,' Oleka tells audience
- COVID-19 cases and quarantines forces closure of Tamarack Elementary this week
- Starns believes Apollo is 'so close'
- MLK Jr. march rallies around 'unity'
- Calipari probably can't turn this UK team around
- Guthrie said he hopes members of Congress can find common ground
- Excursions closing next month
- Early morning fire damages apartment complex