At its 5 p.m. meeting Tuesday, Jan. 5, on the fourth floor at Owensboro City Hall, the Owensboro City Commission is scheduled to take up the following items:
• Circuit Court Judge Jay A. Wethington, Daviess Circuit Court Judge will administer oath of office to the Owensboro City Commission members.
• Present the 2020 Cap Gardner Award
• Elect mayor pro tem
• Consider appointing Lauren Osowicz as a joint city-county member of the GRADD Board of Directors for a three-year term effective Jan. 1, 2021
• Consider appointing Jerry Ray Davis to the Owensboro Metropolitan Planning Commission to fill the remainder of a term ending Dec. 31, 2021
• Consider appointing Matt Fitzgerald to serve Audubon Area Community Services Board as the mayor’s designee to a term ending Dec. 31, 2024
• Consider reappointing Ted Lolley and Dr. Tom Maddox to the City Utility Commission for a three-year term effective Jan. 8, 2021
• Consider appointing Mark Castlen to the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors for a one-year term effective Jan. 1, 2021
• Consider appointing Larry Maglinger to the Owensboro-Daviess County Drug and Alcohol Steering Committee to fill the remainder of a term ending Oct. 4, 2023
• Consider second reading of an ordinance to close a 0.153-acre portion of the right-of-way alley off East 15th Street and adjacent to 1501 Haynes Ave. from 1527 Jackson St. to 1719 Jackson St. All adjoining and/or abutting property owners have consented to the closure. Southern Tank & Manufacturing, Inc. petitioned the city for the closing.
• Hear first reading of an ordinance eliminating nonpartisan primary elections. The Owensboro Board of Commissioners wishes to reinstate the practice of conducting nonpartisan primaries in future elections.
• Hear city manager items
• Consider Sarah D. Henry — probationary, full-time, non-civil service, promotional appointment to laborer/maintenance helper with the Public Works Grounds Department, effective Jan. 18, 2021
• Consider Jeremiah A. Pye — probationary, full-time, non-civil service, promotional appointment to bus driver with the Public Works Transit Department, effective Jan. 18, 2021
• Consider Kevin D. Lang — regular, full-time, non-civil service appointment to police officer with the Police Department, effective Jan. 1, 2021
• Consider Brad N. Hall — regular, full-time, non-civil service appointment to firefighter with the Owensboro Fire Department, effective Jan. 6, 2021
• Hear city manager comments
• Hear City Commission member comments
Due to social distancing guidelines related to COVID-19, public attendance will not be permitted at the meeting. No primary location will be set for public attendance as per Kentucky OAG 20-05. The public can view the meeting live on Facebook @CityofOwensboro or at www.owensboro.org.