• The International Center is hosting World Refugee Day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Owensboro Christian Church, 2818 New Hartford Road, entrance E.
Schedule of events
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Lunch
12:30-1:30 p.m. - Cultural dances/music
1:30-2 p.m. prize drawing/giveaway
The event is free and open to the public and offers face painting and games for kids.
• Owensboro Regional Farmers Market's "Hats Off to Dad" is open from 8 a.m. to noon at East Parrish Avenue and Triplett Street.
• The Muhlenberg County Farmer's Market and Honey Kitchen Pavilion is open from 8 a.m. to noon or sell out at 604 Cleaton Road, Powderly.
• Beaver Dam Community Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon at the Beaver Dam Park, 217 S. Main St.
• The McLean County Farmers Market is open from 8 to 11 a.m. at Calhoun Baptist Church.
• Blueberries of Daviess County is open for the season from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1401 Hill Bridge Road, Utica. They have u-pick and picked berries for sale.
• Putt 'n Pub Crawl is from noon to 4:30 p.m. in downtown Owensboro. The event features Putt-Putt golf with drink/food specials at participating holes (open container law will apply for licensed establishments). Teams rotate between holes. Prizes will be awarded.
Shotgun starts at noon at Lure for all foursomes. Teams will rotate from hole to hole. An after-party will be held at Bar Louie to announce winners. Must be 21 or over to participate. All proceeds to benefit Building Stronger Families.
Participating businesses: RiverPark Center, Bar Louie. Bella Ragazza Boutique. Burger Theory, Byron & Barclay - Fine Goods & Apparel, and Fetta.
Cost: $20 per person. For more information, contact Courtney VonGunten at 270-993-5751.
• Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Parish picnic begins at 3 p.m. at the church, 4029 Frederica St.
• Old Crow Medicine Show with Molly Tuttle starts at 7 p.m. at the Beaver Dam Amphitheater, 217 S. Main St. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are on sale online at www.mt.com/old-crow-medicine-show or by calling Beaver Dam Tourism at 270-274-7106.
• "Shrek! The Musical Jr." is from 7 to 9:30 p.m. at The Empress Theatre, Frederica St. This youth version of the popular musical features students of grades 3-12. The show features wacky characters, colorful costumes, and music by Jeanine Tesori.
Tickets are on sale online or by calling TWO box office at 270-683-5333. Advance tickets are $20 adults and $18 students. There will be a $2 surcharge for all tickets purchased at the door.
• Elvis & Country Legends Tribute Show is from 7 to 9:30 p.m. at Diamond Lake Resort Good Time Theater, 7301 Hobbs Road. Starring Brad McCrady as Elvis Presley, and featuring Barry Potter & Hillbilly Heart. Special guests to be announced. Cost: $12 advance; $15 at door; children under 12 free with paid adult. For more information, contact 270-229-4900.
• Red on the River-Reverse Raffle & Party fundraiser for Girls Inc. is from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. at RiverPark Center, 101 Daviess St. Featuring DJ Shay and live painting by Aaron Kizer, hors d'oeuvres, cash bar and silent and live auction ($2,500 grand prize). Suggested attire: Shades of red. For more information, contact Girls Inc. at 270-684-7833.
• Karaoke is from 8 to 11 p.m. at James L. Yates American Legion Post 9, 736 Frederica St. All are welcome to attend this free event.
• B&B karaoke is from 8 p.m. to midnight at the Amvets Post 75, 2600 W. Second St.
• The state will rename a section of Kentucky 144 from Commerce Plaza to the highway's intersection with U.S. 60 the "Lance Corporal Michael Wayne Simon Memorial Highway." Activities begin at VFW Post 696, 311 W. Veterans Blvd., at 1 p.m.