Owensboro Health has created a 24/7 coronavirus hotline: 877-888-6647.
Who should call that number?
• Regional residents who recently traveled or have been exposed to the virus and now have COVID-19 symptoms, which are fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
• Anyone with those symptoms should call their health-care provider or call the hotline, especially those who suffer from lung or heart disease, or immunosuppression.
• Call the hotline before going to an urgent care clinic or hospital emergency department.
• Triage nurses answer hotline calls and ask callers questions to determine appropriate steps.
• Green River District Health Department provides free drive-thru COVID-19 testing. Appointments are necessary. To register, go to healthdepartment.org and follow the prompts.
• Expect test results to take up to three days, depending on lab capabilities.
Renee Beasley Jones, 270-228-2835, email@example.com