In summer 2020, The New York Times coordinated a nationwide project to document the lives of Americans out of work because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The study involved collaborating with 11 other local newsrooms around the U.S. The Messenger-Inquirer was the only newspaper from Kentucky in the collaboration. The resulting collection of stories was published Oct. 23, 2020, in the New York Times print edition and at nytimes.com/outofwork. The following list is the Messenger-Inquirer's local unemployment coverage from that time period; read more by clicking the "New York Times Project" header. Click on "Out Of Work In America" to go to the full
- Panthers move on with 4-1 win
- Daviess County beats Apollo volleyball in 9th District
- Ohio wants Embry, Goff to get goals early
- Cats showed glimpses, but Stoops wants more
- Lady Raiders win district opener
- Why weren't virus boosters tweaked to better match variants?
- Biden team asks Supreme Court to pause Texas abortion law
- EPA unveils strategy to regulate toxic 'forever chemicals'