In summer 2020, The New York Times coordinated a nationwide project to document the lives of Americans out of work because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The study involved collaborating with 11 other local newsrooms around the U.S. The Messenger-Inquirer was the only newspaper from Kentucky in the collaboration. The resulting collection of stories was published Oct. 23, 2020, in the New York Times print edition and at nytimes.com/outofwork. The following list is the Messenger-Inquirer's local unemployment coverage from that time period; read more by clicking the "New York Times Project" header. Click on "Out Of Work In America" to go to the full
- Judicial agency investigating Gordon
- Owensboro resident brings etiquette to TLC's "1000-lb. Sisters"
- Valero gas station murder suspect receives final sentence
- Holiday Inn brings an igloo to town
- MI POLICE REPORTS for Nov. 28, 2021
- Lacey Chabert mourns death of sister Wendy
- MI POLICE REPORTS for Nov. 27, 2021