At its 5 p.m. meeting Thursday, Aug. 17, on the second floor at the Daviess County Courthouse, Daviess Fiscal Court is scheduled to take up the following agenda items:
• Approved Aug. 2 meeting minutes.
• Approved all claims for all departments.
• Approved Daviess County Detention Center’s updated inmate and visitor handbooks and PREA manual.
• Approved interlocal agreement with the City of Owensboro regarding the 2018 Justice Assistance Grant (JAG).
• Approved KDLA grant contract amendment for micrographics services to Kofile
• Approved rejecting Bid 24-2018: Panther Creek Park Lighting Project.
• Approved the return to the table and award of Bid No. 25-2018: one new compactor (landfill).
• Approved quote for the landfill basin silt dredging project.
• Approved declaring surplus: Unit 124 2010 Aljon Compactor.
• Approved the following retirement resignations effective Aug. 31:
Janet Paris, county attorney administrative specialist (30-plus years)
Harvey Henderson, fire inspector (25 years)
Gary Beauchamp, transfer station truck driver (18 years)
• Approved promoting Nicholas Wall to engineer in the Daviess County Fire Department effective Aug. 19.
• Approved promoting James “Al” Wathen to lieutenant in the Daviess County Fire Department effective Aug. 19.
• Approved appointing the following to the Owensboro-Daviess County Drug Free Steering Committee for terms lasting between Sept. 1, 2018, and Sept. 1, 2021:
• Discussed the first reading of ordinance 02-2018 Tax Ordinance FY 2018/2019
• Discussed first reading of 05-2018 Establishing Assessment Warrants for Woodlands South Subdivision Area
• Discussed advertising Bid 30-2018: Landfill Basin Cleanout
• Heard public comments.
• Heard Fiscal Court comments.