The following list is compiled from reports from area law enforcement agencies:
Owensboro Police Department
• Branden S. Sowders, 33, of the 2600 block of Veach Road was charged Thursday with first-degree possession of a controlled substance (meth).
• Joshua A. Sweeney, 29, of the 2900 block of Arizona Court was charged Wednesday with third-degree rape.
• Jeremy J. Crite, 31, of the 1800 block of Wink Court was charged Wednesday with third-degree burglary.
• A Lexus S250 worth $10,000 was reported stolen Tuesday from the 2300 block of Ford Avenue.
• A Ford F-250 worth $11,000 was reported stolen Wednesday from the 2200 block of Clarke Drive.
• A rape was reported Wednesday at a home on Frederica Street. Reports say the victim was raped by two unknown suspects. The incident occurred between April 18 and April 20, reports say.
- A handgun worth $650 was reported stolen Wednesday from a home in the 2300 block of Middleground Drive.
Daviess County Sheriff’s Department
• David N. Miller, 64, of the 400 block of Reid Road was charged Wednesday with driving under the influence.
• Seth T. Sparks, 30, of the 5500 block of Berwyn Avenue was charged Wednesday with first-degree strangulation.
• A Polaris all-terrain vehicle was reported stolen Wednesday from the 5700 block of Jack Hinton Road. The vehicle was recovered.
• Diesel fuel was reported stolen Wednesday from a tractor parked in a field in the 6500 block of Ditto Road.
• Highway signs and mailboxes sustained damage in a hit-and-run vehicle collision Wednesday in the 8400 block of Kentucky 56.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.